Past Life Exploration
The deeper Beings that we as humans represent here in manifestation have had long and illustrious careers in the evolution of the Universe. The phenomenon of ‘past-lives’ is one way of understanding the complexity of our deeper Being. It’s as if each of us is the current representative of a vast Being that has incarnated many times.
Who we are at this level of Being is more easily knowable to the conscious mind when we explore different lives we’ve had as other people in other times—who have also represented the same Being layer of deeper Self. And whether or not ‘past lives’ is an accurate way to represent other aspects of ourselves as Beings is not at issue. In this work we understand that any imagery or thoughts about ‘past lives’ can be only truly useful as metaphor. What is real is the sentientient feelings and energies that underlie the images and metaphors.
To do healing work on an imprint that has roots in the layers of Being that are represented as past life experiences, a better tool is the Repairing the Past practice with a past life experience as place where the healing is directed. First get in touch with a feeling to which you want to bring healing. Either when you first go back in the regression, or after a ‘leapfrog,’ you can simply use the term ‘past life person’ instead of ‘child’ and continue with the Repairing the Past practice. Everything else in the practice works the same.
You as the loving Healer and director of the movie go back, stop action and dialogue with the past life person. As the director you ask the past life person what they want to be happening instead of what has been happening, and then see to it that the new scene goes just as they want. And as with the child in regression, you are the Healer who is loving toward the past life person; and when you are identified as the past person, you feel the unconditional loving acceptance coming from the Healer/director.
The following practice is a good way to explore a past life that has to do with something that is presently going on in your life, and yet there is no specific imprint triggered or feeling that is asking to be healed. This could be a pattern that keeps recurring, a person who seems uncannily familiar, or anything where you’d like to know what the past life influences may be. This practice is also a good way to get insights into the experience of death, and the life between lives—as you will discover at the end of the practice.
Past Life Regression Practice
As with all scripts in articles on this site, you can take yourself through the process by reading a paragraph, putting your finger on the page to mark your place, and then going inside to do what is suggested. When you’re ready to move on, open your eyes again, read the next paragraph, mark your place, close your eyes, do what is suggested, and so on through the whole process. As mentioned above, this process assumes you are on an exploration, not a healing mission.
Before you begin, determine what you want to explore in a past life. For instance, it may be a present situation at work or school, a relationship, or anything else you’d like to know more about. Make your intention by saying to yourself, “I want to explore a past life where I...” (Fill in the blank with what you wish to explore, e.g. “Had an earlier relationship with Mary,” etc.)
1. Begin by allowing yourself to relax, briefly running energy and getting in touch with the Universal Feminine and Universal Masculine in yourself. And ask the Creators (‘the Folks’) to be present with you during the experience.
2. As you relax even deeper, allow yourself to imagine you are taking a walk in a beautiful natural environment. As you walk, notice the shapes and the colors of the natural objects around you.
3. And listen... for the sounds of your footsteps on the path... and perhaps other sounds... the wind, maybe birds.
4. As you continue walking, feel the air on your skin. Feel the earth under your feet.
5. Up in the distance there’s a tunnel that goes through a hillside. Imagine you can see the tunnel now (just make it up if you like.)... and begin walking toward it.
6. This is the tunnel of time. Soon you will count backwards from five to one. When you get to one, you will be through the tunnel and on the other side, in your most recent past life. When you pass through the tunnel, you will be another person in another time... in a past life.
7. Okay now, begin counting. Five, begin walking in. (Pause) Four, going deeper... into the tunnel now. (Pause) Three, in the middle of the tunnel now. There is light ahead in the distance. (Pause) Two, the light up ahead, from the past life, is closer now. (Pause) One. As you step out of the tunnel, look down at your feet. What are you wearing on your feet? What do your shoes look like? (Pause)
8. As you look down at your feet, allow your imagination to be free and answer these questions. What else are you wearing? (Pause) Are you male or female? (Pause) Can you tell what age you are?
9. Imagine that this is a movie and you are the director. Take a point of view outside of your past self so you can see what you look like in this lifetime. Notice the surroundings. Let your imagination be free... and notice what kind of a place this is.
10. When you are ready, begin walking toward the place where you live in this time... and when you arrive, notice what kind of dwelling it is.
11. Now, go inside and be in the place where food is prepared... and notice what is it like in here.
12. Now, notice any other people that also live here. They can come in now if they haven’t already. Who else is here? (If there are no others, go on to #14.)
13. Go to them now, and be with them in the way that feels the most comfortable. (Pause) Stay with them until you are ready to move on.
14. Okay. Now, imagine you are closing your eyes, and ask your unconscious mind to locate the event in this lifetime that was the most empowering for you as a Being. Pause until this event is found.
15. When this empowering event is located... you can now come into the body of your past self in that time. (Pause) As you look down, you can see what is beneath you. (Pause) Feel the pull of gravity on your body, feel the air on your skin. (Pause) And hear the sounds of this event, this past time where you are present now. (Pause).
16. And now allow this event to unfold... while you remain in your body as the past life person. Stay with this experience until it is finished.
17. Okay. Now, imagine you are closing your eyes, and ask your unconscious mind to locate the event in this lifetime that was the most significant relative to your original intention in doing this past life regression... the intention you stated before beginning this process. (Pause while this event is found.)
18. When the event is located... go into Observer Position so you can see the past self in that time. (Pause) If this is a pleasant experience and you wish to experience it firsthand, go into First Position with yourself and become associated as the past life person. If it’s not a pleasant experience, stay in Observer Position; and in either case, continue...
19. Now allow this event to unfold... as you remain in your body as the past life person. Stay with this experience until it is finished.
20. Okay. Now ask yourself, is there anything else the unconscious mind, or the conscious mind would like to experience again in this life? If yes, return to # 14 with the intention to experience another event in this lifetime. When you are ready to go on and experience your death in this lifetime, continue...
21. Now, move forward in time to the time just before your death in this lifetime. (Pause) Take a point of view outside of yourself and notice approximately how old you are and the conditions of your death. (Pause)
22. Move into your body now. (Become associated again in First Position as your past self.) Here you are again now, present and aware... at your moment of death. As you look out through your eyes... see the shapes and colors fading now... hear the sounds fading now... and feel the air on your skin, and the pull of gravity on your body, all fading away now. (Pause)
23. With Body: Staying present with yourself, and now becoming even more aware... as your spirit slips away above you... (Pause) Sense your Spirit leaving you now, as it rises away... (Pause) You are now a body without a spirit. (Long Pause)
24. You are now on your own. (Long Pause) This is the experience of Body when it dies. Continue when you are ready...
25. With Sentient Will: Now, go back in time again to the time just before this death. (Pause) See yourself as you are just before you die. (Pause)
26. Now, again move into your body. (Become associated again in First Position as your past self.) This time you are present and aware... with your emotional feelings at your moment of death. As you look out through your eyes... see the shapes and colors fading now... hear the sounds fading now... and feel the air on your skin, and the pull of gravity on your body, all fading away now. (Pause)
27. Staying present with yourself, and now becoming even more aware... as your spirit slips away above you... (Pause) Sense your Spirit leaving you now, as it rises away... (Pause) You are now feeling how it is to be Sentient Will essence without Light. (Long Pause)
28. You are now on your own. Long pause until you are ready to go on...
29. Now, go back in time again to the time just before this death. (Pause) See yourself as you are just before you die. (Pause)
30. With Spirit: Staying present with yourself, and now becoming even more aware... as your body slips away beneath you... (Pause) Turn now and see your body receding below you, as you rise up... farther... and farther... (Pause)
31. You are now above the place where you died. (Pause) You’re above the clouds now. (Pause) The Earth is receding away... below you... as you rise. (Pause)
32. Now is the time to explore what happens after death, and before coming back in another body. Take your time and enjoy the experience until you are ready to return...
33. When you are ready, imagine yourself coming back into your body now, in this lifetime. Feel the support under you and the presence of the Creators’ energy all around and in you, remembering what has happened.
34. Make any notes you wish to record about the experience while it is still fresh in your memory.